PDA

View Full Version : thank you vets and famalies

preokc
February 16, 2004, 02:05
just want to say thanks to military personal and famalies!!!!!!!!as the press spins its agenda one thing remains, we are the youngest, and yet the best country in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! why? because of the sacrifice of the men and women of our armed forces. also the dads, mothers, brothers, sisters.MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!! my father bled in korea, my brother commanded tanks in germany waiting for a russian spearhead. other countries can hate us all they want. i wish i could help some way to those families with members station abroad. for now i just say THANKS! gaurd, reserve, regular, past present and future. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Philip E.

Da Nerd
February 16, 2004, 02:34
I dont know your age, but there are ways you can say thank you.
First is, when the torch is passed to you, accept it and carry on the freedom fight we have all endured.
Second if that is not possible, volunteer at a local VA hospital if you have one, if not, there are many old and not so old veterans in nursing homes that would appreciate a visit and a hand shake..
Third, when "Old Glory" passes in review, take off your hat, stand up and put your hand over your heart in a salute.
I am sure others will chime in with more ways.
As for me.. THANK YOU for your good words...:bow:

preokc
February 16, 2004, 03:08
thx Da Nerd,im to old to serve. i went through all the marine corp hoopes in 1982 and all ihad i had to do was sign the dotted line. my father cried and begged me not to. i wanted to make him proud of me but with my brother in germany as a tanker he didnt want both his sons in the military. my father has past away but at his funural i was so proud as the marine handed my mother the united states flag. my father was such a great man.he went from being frozen in korea and watching chinese run up hills at him to being a loving father.i dont see how anyone can make that transition. ill look in the the volentering at the va hospital but i dont know if if emotionally i could handle it. love ya all!! PRE.

Sgt_Gold
February 16, 2004, 19:50
You're welcome welcome welcome. Thank you for the kind words and don't sweat the small stuff, it looks like your family has done enough. :bow: :beer: :biggrin:

Gremper
February 16, 2004, 22:21
Amen brother. Thanks for the kind words. Just hope DABTL stays out of the thread.