PDA

View Full Version : SNOW IN NORTH TEXAS!!!!!!!

gunnut1
February 14, 2004, 09:07
Well guys and gals, here it is. Our first snow of the new year and probably the last one we will see for a while. This event happens in North Texas about once every 10 years. It looks to be about 4 inches. Tht is a lot for us!

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/856020/1075325897312_Valintines_day_in_Saginaw__TX_2004.j pg

Sorry for the low quality. I had to redued the size a lot! But you get the idea!

DABTL
February 14, 2004, 09:30
Same here in Denton. Still falling. I will have to spend the day in the house with the wife. God help her.

trucksurfer
February 14, 2004, 10:29
Quit yer bitchin'! I'm here in Central Iowa (or southern Minnesota as we should be called this winter) and all we have is snow. I'm glad someone is getting some instead of us for once!
My dad spent the last few weeks in TX running dogs, hunting, etc, and said it was funny to watch y'all in the "cold". It would be around 30 degrees in the morning, and people were bundled up in coveralls, insulated boots, stocking caps, etc. Hell if it's 30 here I go out and play with my dogs in a sweatshirt and gloves! It's damn near balmy @30!
Take care driving down there, and go out and have a snowball fight before its gone!
Too bad you couldn't have gotten this @ Christmas!

Calvert1
February 14, 2004, 11:08
Once every 10yrs? It snows like this in Dallas at least once a year. Today's snow is nice and heavy though. Lots of sagging trees in the neighborhood this morning.

http://www.calvert1.com/snow/snow5.jpg

Brindfan
February 14, 2004, 11:22
Damn that global warming! :rolleyes:

gunnut1
February 14, 2004, 12:12
Quit yer bitchin'!

Who's bitchin'? I love snow. It is such a rare occurance here that is is almost awe inspiring. I wish it would snow more!

It snows in Dallas at least one a year? HMM, I didn't think we were that far apart. Must be in Richardson. (inside joke there if you used to listen to KVIL and Ron Chapman).

Bruce Allen
February 14, 2004, 13:39
I told DABTL that hell froze over and he didn't believe me.

DABTL
February 14, 2004, 14:10
There are regiments of snowmen in Denton this afternoon. One in the park is at least ten feet high. David's has a M1 Garand and a helmet? Got to talk to that boy.

It would appear that at least 6 to 8 inches of snow has accumulated today. Gone tomorrow, however.

terral
February 14, 2004, 14:50
all that wind you all are blowing pushed some of that snow to southern okla.:D

'TUDE
February 14, 2004, 16:01
Snowing here like the dickens. Everything is white and getting deep. Time to go do donuts in the pasture.
Might be a good time to drag out the car hood and do a little sliding!!!

Mebsuta
February 15, 2004, 01:33
Winter sux. I hate it, hate it. Thank God this snow is gone. This time wasn't so bad, but usually it's driven by slashing North winds and quickly turns into sheets of ice. Combine this with the legions of aggressive, hostile and stupid drivers we have around here, and it's just a disaster. We have these Hemi Dodge trucks running around now, and those guys either got the accelerator flat on the floor or are standing on the brakes. The Ford and Chevy guys wanna be tough too, so they do the same thing. I will say in our defense that there's a lot of transplanted Yankees here now, so I blame them. Sorry DABTL, but move the line of demarcation back from the Red River. Anything North of EL Paso is Yankees.

Michael64
February 15, 2004, 16:58
It was nice.
Except the power went out around 6am saturday morning. Didn't realize until I woke up to get ready for work and everything was dark and it was very cold inside. Power didn't come back on til around 3pm.
Couldn't drive anywhere as the driveway gates are electric and they wouldn't open. The walk-in gate was open so we played out in it for a while.
Now today, brite and sunny and no hint that there was any snow.

gunnut1
February 15, 2004, 19:33
Well, ya know what they say about the weather in Texas! If'n ya don't like the the weather, wait 5 minutes. It'll change!

Snow all gone, gone!